Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 08

So... these pictures aren't in the exact order that I was going for but.... ya know.

Halloween started off on the 30th when Ethan and I met up with Monica and her son Ezaias at Melaleuca for their trick or treat event. It was so much fun, everyone at the call center had gone all out as far as decorating. They went with a Disney theme. The kids started in the reception area that was decked out like the nursery in Peter Pan, the receptionist was appropriately dressed as Tinker Bell.


The kids then made their way down the hall to Mermaid Lagoon and Captain Hook's pirate ship where they found their first treasure chest of candy.




Getting ready for Halloween Night! It was actually my Relief Society President that suggested Mario. I was telling her that we decided we didn't want to spend money on a costume this year and she asked, "does Ethan have overalls and a red shirt?" and I went from there.


So Ethan was Mario, Trent was Luigi (and a very good sport about it I might add), and I was a very pregnant Princess Toadstool.

We had two stops last night, the first was The Rex, our local movie theatre, where they were having a trunk or treat and carnival. My dad was there with representing the fire department handing out candy and he was pretty excited to see his little grandson decked out and ready to do some trick or treating.





Our second stop was at the house in Idaho Falls for a VanderVille get together.






Our evening wasn't all too eventful, Trent had had an especially stressful day and was very ready for a night at home but relented to my love of Halloween, let me dress him up, and took Ethan and I out. We didn't really stay at either place too long, so it's funny that I made us all get dressed up to go out for only a few hours. I think we were home by 10:30 and definitely in bed before midnight. I can't tell you how happy I was about the fact it was Friday. Getting up M-F at 5:30 in the a.m. to be to work by 6 I was looking very much forward to sleeping in.
Today has been a wonderfully relaxed day putting the house back in order and spending a great deal of time with my boys. I'm also looking forward to an extra hour of sleep tonight... hooray daylight savings time!

In other news... I had a doctor's appointment this last Thursday and it looks like my belly is just as big as it should be, my blood pressure is, in the words of the doctor, "amazing," and I'm doing great as far as my weight gain.... and no I'm not saying how much that is at this point. I'm now 32 weeks and 5 days and I can't believe my weeks to go are now in the single digits.
No names picked out just yet we may just have to wait until she gets here

Life's beautiful and busy and I love it!!

14 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

awesome job on the costumes! so fun! Thanks for posting them so fast!

Sara said...

looooove the 'staches boys! And Charisa you make a beautiful princess! All of those pictures were great...those caramel apples look delish. Glad you guys had fun!

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. I was totally missing the Mela trick or treating. And the house of course. We'll be there in a week, can't wait to see you guys.

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

I love the cotumes. :) I'm all for making your own costumes and not buying them because they usually turn out looking better anyway. :) I'm glad your halloween was a fun one. We only dressed up for an hour, but it's totally worth it to see pictures and the kids have so much fun.

RSP said...

Your costumes are great! When is your official due date?

Cecily said...

I love the costumes! You are so creative Charisa! Great pictures.

Tina Braegger said...

aww so cute! Love your costumes, what a fun idea!!

Criscell said...

You guys all look great! I wanted to dress up too, but it's just not as much fun when you're pregnant-- but you look awesome. Can you believe you're almost done? I'm so excited for you!

Nancy said...

you just can't miss a holiday like halloween!

Stucki Family said...

Hey if you still want to get together and talk about the business thing you mentioned to me at the beginning of the semester? Give us a call 804-647-6812. We would love to sit down with you and see what we could do or help with.

~Laura

the Petterson Family said...

I think you are the cutest Mario Bros nd Princess ever!

Elle said...

charisa how are you doing! i can't believe how much you've grown!! when are you due again? i hope things are going well for you!!!

Harper said...

You all look so cute in your costumes! Ethan is adorable, and that little moustache looks great on him!

Happy Halloween! :)

Amber said...

I love the costumes especaily Mario that is so cute. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. And I loved the theme!! Hope the pregnancy is going well!!! love ya!