Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mini Road Trip



When Jacob was getting ready to head out to OK for the summer, the beginning of May, my parents were making a trip down to Utah to see him. So a little last minute I decided the kids and I would tag along.



An added bonus was getting to see some long lost friends!!! Sarah and I go waaaaaaaay back but ever since she moved to Utah we don't get to see each other nearly enough.



Our first full day in SLC it was raining but Ethan didn't mind at all, he insisted on holding "his" umbrella and also helped to keep Kiari dry.

He also made a new best friend.... Yea, Kjersti!! Later when the weather cleared up she took so many pictures of my kids out and about temple square, we had a blast.

Cherie and Kjersti are good friends of mine from the college days and again... we don't get to see each other nearly enough. So we met up and had lunch at The Garden inside the Joseph Smith Memorial Building where Kjersti introduced us to fried pickles. Yummy!

So I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before... I'm obsessed with my kids' feet. Hooray baby feet!!

My original plan was to see Sarah at church Sunday morning but a late night with the kids kept me from going so I was sooooo excited when she was able to meet me over at Jake's place before we headed home. When Ethan saw her he ran over and said something to the effect of, "Come on, let's play!" and proceeded to lead her into the house.


Sarah also got to meet Kiari for the first time.




It was a great weekend. Always nice to get a break from the routine for a bit and I'm so glad we were able to spend some time with Jake before he left.
WE LOVE YOU JACOB!!!!!

2 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

that's so cute with the umbrella!

Nancy said...

Sarah always pokes in my kids' cheeks too!