...I love to run...
I was so anxious to start exercising once I passed my 6 week post pardum date and when that finally arrived.... I was sick... got over being sick.... now the kids are sick.... now Trent is sick... everyone is better and new things manage to come up. Whatever the case, I'm definitely not where I would like to be physically. Now that the weather is getting nicer I see more and more people running outside and it makes me think back to when I was running outside every single day with my son in the jogging stroller (note to self: I need a double jogging stroller). It would make me think back to when, during a family Biggest Loser contest, I was running 6 miles a day and in the best shape of my life. I loved that feeling and I really miss the confidence that it gave me.
Well.... this week has been another kick-off for me and I'm ready to stick to it. I've got some great tools to help me reach my goals and I've got loved ones cheering me on.
Tonight my daughter was asleep when my parents invited me to head over the campus fitness center with them and I was just putting Ethan to bed. Woo-hoo!! So off we went. When we went earlier in the week I did a few miles on the treadmill walking a pretty speedy pace and keeping it at a steep incline. That night and the next day I felt amazing! Tonight I did pretty much the same thing but when a particular song came on (hooray for my hubbie's workout mix) I couldn't let that beat go to waste.
I ran. I ran hard. And it felt amazing. As I ran I thought back to all those nights and mornings that I spent literally busting my butt on the treadmill and how great it felt. I love feeling my body move like that, I love sweating! (is that weird?) I love the feeling of not simply exercising, but putting myself through a literal workout. One of the greatest feelings ever!
So even thouth my endurance definitely isn't where it needs to be to be able to run that hard my whole workout, tonight gave me a glimpse at what I'll be able to do in a few short weeks. I love to run. And I'm so grateful that my body allows me to do it. What a blessing.
Life is beautiful.
Mini update on the fam:
Trent's enjoying the semester thus far and working hard. He'll be participating in a career expedition to Denver next month and we're both excited about that.
Ethan continues to become this amazing little boy, he talks more and more everyday, he's a great little helper, and he just adores his baby sister... sometimes a little too much.
Kiari is already 5 months old and she rolls all over the place. Even when we hold her she has to be moving... reminds me a lot of when I was pregnant. And when someone in the room is talking she feels that she should be talking too.
And I continue to work from home and enjoy being a wife and mom.
Once again.... life is beautiful.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are awesome!
I feel the same way about working out! After the 6 weeks we had another month of sickness, then I got a kidney stone and had to have surgery to put a stint in my kidney. I get it out monday so hopefully I will be able to start working out again a few days after that. You're inspirational. I hope our little cuties can meet sometime- i think our girls can get some matching princess dresses. I feel a trip to Disneyland with You, me and Raschell and our darling children might be in order! I love the new do! You're always beautiful
as Faith would say "Yeah Yeah Runner! Runny runny!"
Post a Comment