Trent, the kids, and I went to the awards reception for the student art show and here's Kiari just being cute.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Of Kings and Queens
BYU-Idaho has a student art show every fall semester which allows students to submit pieces of art in various categories. Not all pieces submitted are featured in the show but the amazingly talented mother of me had three pieces featured this year and her first place winning piece was an assemblage that she created out of old farm equipment parts. These pictures do it absolutely NO justice whatsoever and I'm sad that I don't yet have a good picture of the table because it's incredible. So yes, it is a chess set made entirely of farm equipment parts that my mom found in the very well organized "collection" yard belonging to a gentlemen in Idaho Falls. She also made the board. The table top is an enormous saw blade that, by the way is no longer made, and the table stand is made of these huuuge cogs and gears. The set as a whole is just incredible I'm so proud of her.


Trent, the kids, and I went to the awards reception for the student art show and here's Kiari just being cute.
Trent, the kids, and I went to the awards reception for the student art show and here's Kiari just being cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow, she finally finished that, and it is amazing! is she going to sell it now?
she hopes to!
Post a Comment