Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week 1

Does he sleep? Oh yes. In his bassinet during the night so that I can sleep in my own bed? Not quite as much as I would like him too. However, sleeping in the rocking chair isn't nearly as uncomfortable as it was the first couple nights.
Enoch reminds me a lot of Ethan when he was a baby, really really mellow, only cries when he's needing something. When he's awake he's super alert and looking all around. We're anxious for him to start making eye contact and interacting with us.
This morning's first diaper change was less than smooth with pee in the face (his, not mine) and poop on the blanket. So Enoch started off the day with a nice sponge bath.
I just can't get enough of his little face! I love putting his cheek next to mine every time I pick him up and I'm constantly kissing him.

I forgot to mention something in my last post....
so Trent spent Sunday night at home with the kids while I stayed in the hospital with Enoch. He was home with them for the first part of the day Monday before they came to pick us up. When I came home Trent had cleaned the whole house, right down to scrubbing the shower (something I kept telling myself I wanted to have done before the baby came). It was so sweet and wonderful to come home to a clean and organized house and I hope I adequately expressed my gratitude to him for having taken the time to do it for me.

It has really been fun to see the way that Ethan and Kiari have taken to Enoch. Ethan just loves him to pieces and it's so sweet to hear the way that he'll talk to him. Kiari has been super sweet with him too. She'll ask to hold him, pat his head, and give him kisses. And Trent of course is a proud new papa and is loving having another little boy in the house. He really is a perfect fit for our little family and we're so grateful to have him.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

He is beautiful. You did it again, made a perfect new little person! Congratulations.

Amiee said...

Wow, I have NOT kept up with your blog for quite a long time and then I see news that you had a new baby!! Wow! Congratulations!! He's adorable!!

Tina Braegger said...

Yay! He is so adorable! That is so great that everything went well. I think you are just made to have lots of babies..haha! Hope you are doing well now. You will have to update us on how life is with 3 kids..I think that is when it starts getting tricky.