The beautiful couple!!!! We're so happy for them and their 7 kids!!
The kids and their cousins watched Tangled over the weekend and were playing Rapunzel almost every time I looked. Here's Kiari "letting down her hair" for Ethan.
A couple days after Trent headed back home the kids and I met up with my dad and brother last minute. Kiari fell asleep in the car and wasn't interested in waking up once we got to the restaurant.
The wedding was on a Thursday, Trent headed back that night and the kids and I spent the weekend at my in-laws. Then Sunday after church we made our way up to my parents' place.
That night the kids got to make their very own pizzas with Bubba Fullmer!
Tuesday night I threw together a last minute get together with some of my girlfriends that were still in the area and it was so much fun to see everyone! There were 8 of us and 1/2 of the girls were pregnant! One of the girls is a sweet friend of mine from way back when Trent and I were in the show and she's engaged to get married this fall. I'm glad she had fun with all the married pregnant ladies!
We put on Pride and Prejudice but of course talked through the majority of it while snacking on veggies and the most amazing raspberry muffins (thank you Ashley!). I was really glad that so many girls were able to come on such short notice.
A couple of days later I received a text message from my dear friend Ariel (who had been at the girls night) with a picture of her newborn son. Hooray!!!!! We're so thrilled for them.
The next couples pictures are of the kids in one of their favorite spots at Nana and Bubba's house, it's a reading nook that my mom made by knocking out a wall, adding a new railing, and building a built in book shelf.
The kids had a blast painting and playing with a bunch of toys that my brothers and I used to play with when we were growing up.
No bathtub in the main bathroom but we made do. :o)
Kiwi Loco, a new yogurt place in town, self serve yogurt and toppings, then they charge by the ounce. The coconut was good... but I should have had the root beer float yogurt.
The kids and I ended up being sick for most of the week that we were in Idaho so a trip to the grocery store made for a nice break from our mini quarantine. And yes, spring in Idaho requires hats and coats most years.
Trent flew back into town late Friday night and we all headed back to his Dad's house for the weekend. Cassie's recital was on Saturday and she did an absolutely amazing job, we're so proud of her!!
Dinner with Trent's family after the recital then back up to Rexburg to spend a bit for time with my folks. And then Sunday afternoon we made our way back home!
The kids and I had a great time in Idaho but it was hard being away from Trent for so long. We're so grateful that we were given the opportunity to be home to support Brian, Paige, and Cassie.
*When I left for Idaho I flew alone with the three kids and had the sweetest flight attendants on the first leg of our trip and I had so many people offering to help me, it was really neat.
On our returning flights, Trent was on a direct flight through a different airline so it was me and the kids with another double dose of flights. On our connecting flight there was a flight attendant who was either having a really bad day or just wasn't a very nice person. So I'm going to send a great big THANK YOU out into the void to all those people who were so kind and willing to offer their help as I traveled alone with three kids under 5!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment