Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wonder of Wonders Miracle of Miracles

Yesterday I call my Dad to see how his day is going and he tells me that he has a surprise from me when he gets home (for those of you who may not know we live in an apartment about 10 yards behind my parents' house).
"Is it a pony?"
"Nope. No pony."
"Is it money?"
"Nope."
"Well what is it?"
"It's a surprise. You'll just have to wait and see."


So my day goes on and I totally forget about the surprise. A few hours later my Dad comes over. He calls Ethan over to him and says, "Here Ethan, gives this to Mommy." Ethan then turns around and what does he have in his hand?






Our long lost CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously started to cry.
My Dad gets a call yesterday from a woman by the name of Georgia Ricks who had volunteered a lot of time at the Temple Open House. Since the open house they've had three unclaimed cameras. They haven't wanted to go through the pictures for fear of invading someone's privacy but evidently decided it was time to try and determine who their owners were.
So Georgia call my Dad (I went to school with her son) and says, "Nyle have you lost a camera recently?" "No but I know someone who has." "Well there's a picture of you by a Christmas tree on one of the cameras that we found at the Open House."
So my wonderful Father picks up the camera, flips through the pictures only to find multiple pictures of his one and only grand-baby and decides it is indeed my camera.

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are a few of the pictures that would have been lost forever had Sister Ricks not called my Dad.


Aunt Marguerite's Baptism
December 30, 2007


Christmas Morning 2007












6 comments:

RSP said...

Yay! What a happy story!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Yippee! I would have cried too! My camera is so important to me as well! By the way Hochstelter (sp?) is still the teacher. How long has he been there?

Harper said...

I am so glad you got your camera back! Sister Ricks is an awesome woman.

Unknown said...

Yay!!! I'm am seriously so relieved for you!! That is one of the best feelings in the world!

Jenny said...

oh charisa! i love you and i love that you found your camera! did i ever tell you that i tried to laminate connor's ultrasound picks and it melted all of them? no more bony fetal connor baby pics! sad right? love you! jen

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

I'm so glad for you!!! This is totally the nerd in me, but I was so excited to read this blog because my camera is such a big part of our life. :) I love reading about you and your family. You are such an awesome girl.