My sister-in-law Emily had brought along a dvd player for her daughter Lilly so
needless to say Ethan wanted to watch whatever she was watching. It wasn't enough that they were sharing Emily's lap, they wanted to hold hands too.
Ready for dinner Emily's husband Jessie suggested a great Japanese restaurant in a nearby hotel/casino. The food was great and Ethan had fun with the chopsticks.
Ethan has this thing with water so he especially enjoyed this part of dinner.
An early start to a long day.
The 10K started at 7:30 and it was about a half hour outside of Vegas so we were all up and out the door shortly after six. Ethan and I rode with Grandma Belinda and Grandpa Frank. Belinda drove while Frank and Ethan caught a few extra winks.
Ethan and I shortly before the race began. It was a little chilly where we were but nothing like its been back home. Trent wasn't able to go with us this trip due to work and we sure missed him. Check out the guy in the background... he's either just putting his shirt on, trying to keep his head warm, or just being silly.
After the race Crew entertained himself by playing around in the dirt and Ethan took to playing with the rocks to the side of the paved road.
In the past we've gone to get a bite to eat before heading back to the hotel but this time we went back to the hotel to get cleaned up first. This made it nice because we weren't having to rush to make it out by check out time, we had a little over an hour to shower, pack up, and relax a bit before piling back in the car. Ethan appreciated it as well as he was able to play in the tub while I got ready just an arm's length away.
Once checked out we made our way up to the Hoover Dam. As we passed through Boulder City we stopped at a little pizza place for lunch. Craigo's is better. There at the pizza place Ethan was content to sit at the Mz. Pac-Man game.... and I was content to let him feel so entertained.
The family.
This is how excited Ethan is to be at the Hoover Dam.
Part of the dam tour (hehehe), diagram of the dam's water generator's flow and such. Sorry. probably should have made this picture a wee bit bigger.
My wonderful family- inside the dam during the tour.
I remember driving over the Hoover Dam once when I was much younger but this trip gave me a completely different perspective. This structure is absolutely incredible! especially when you consider it was built in the 1930's during the great depression.
Ethan with Grandma Belinda.
Sunday morning we made our way to American Fork to attend the blessing of our newest niece, Roxy Robinson. Baby blessings are such a sweet and beautiful experience, espeically when you have the opportunity to attend those of family members.
After the blessing Ethan was less happy with my lack of toys to play with during Sacrament Meeting so I took him outside to walk around for a bit. We walked over to this fence and as we got close we were able to see that there were a few horses on the other side. Ethan loves horses so he was totally content to stand by the fence and peak through at them.
Tony and Cheri's darling baby girl, Jasmine Aubrey.
My sister-in-law Emily holding the lady of the day, Miss Roxy Robinson.

5 comments:
Yeah Kathy is still there. Except it's now Kathy Carrol. She is a happily married woman. Yeah Carinos is so fun. I just love going to work to see my friends and just have a fun shift. Anyway, Craigo's huh? I love that place, the pizza and cheese sticks are money. Well have a great day friend!
I love the family photo at the pizza place and there's only one person actually smiling. Hahaha
Looks like you had fun! How was the plane ride? :)
You have such a busy family but it always looks like so much fun! You're little guy is absolutely adorable - always smiling!
Ok...so I know the real reason you went to Vegas, you just wanted another tat, Am I right or am I right?
I cannot stand how cute little ethan is!! he is going to be a lady killer! i love your haircut! Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment