Every now and again I'll ask Trent to help get Ethan ready for bed and this was the result a couple of weeks ago. Ethan was more than content to leave his shirt only about half way on.
So content was he that he proceeded to play in his room and read a few books before allowing me to pull his shirt down past his head and finally let me put him to bed. I suppose I could have let him sleep like that but... you know.
Ethan loves to draw, color, and paint. A while back my mom and I found this great Crayola hand paints that fit right in the palm of his hands. I haven't brought them out for him to play enough so a couple of Sundays ago I let him paint for awhile and he was so content. It's so much fun to watch him
I don't know about you other mothers but I love the butt in the air sleeping position it just makes me smile.
On March 30th my Uncle Randy (my dad's brother-in-law) unexpectedly passed away and his funeral was in Salt Lake last Friday. The service was wonderful and it was so great to see the loving arms of support that were opened to my Aunt. Funerals are always so bitter-sweet, you lose a loved one and as a result it brings the family together for a day, some of whom you may not have seen for a very long time.
One of those relatives that I haven't seen in a very long time is my cousin Shaun. The last time that I saw Shaun was when he rolled into town on his Harley Davidson along side my cousin Allen when my older brother Nathen returned home from his mission in 2000. It was really great to see so much family.
After the funeral from brother Jacob, who had come down from Logan, and I were able to spend the rest of the day together. We headed over to GateWay Mall and walked around talking for a few hours. Whenever Jacob has been able to come up here for a visit it's always been short and sweet so Friday was a pretty special treat for me, a whole day with my little brother and a chance for him to spend extra time with his nephew.
Another great part of the weekend was being able to drive down and back with my friend Shauna. Shauna and I were going to go on walk together Thursday morning. She later called and asked if I were going to Utah for a mission reunion. No reunion but a funeral. So it worked out nicely for both of us, Shauna was able to go to her reunion Friday night and I didn't have to drive down to the funeral by myself. Hooray for last minute road trips!!!!!
We left Thursday night about 6:30 and got back Saturday afternoon about 1:30. I was kind of tired.

8 comments:
Fun pictures! I love of Ethan with the cat!
Oops, my above comment is supposed to say, "I love the one of Ethan with the cat."
I love sleeping pictures it is the best. They always make you wonder.....Are they really comfortable like that?
Ethan looks so much like his Dad! Do you get that a lot? That's all I hear about my little boy, but it's pretty obvious that he's a mini Rusty! By the way, I LOVE your hair cut. It really looks good on you. And I also just got your message that you left me. Sorry I missed your call & thanks for calling! I'll give you a call one of these days :)
I can't believe how much Ethan looks like Trent! That's crazy! It sounds like you had a busy weekend, but how fun that you got to see a lot of family.
OH wow! Ethan is getting so big-- what a little man! And he looks just like Trent- I bet you get that alllll the time!! haha!
How fun to be blog buddies!! I need your help, actually, I'm trying to start running but I'm running-retarded. Email me and we'll chat! carlycarlson@gmail.com
OH And I saw Brendi commented on here, I remember her from the old ward!! Tell her I say hi and I want to invite her to our blog, too!!
Charisa, your little Ethan is so cute! Great pictures! :)
Post a Comment