Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Bit Belated

Thursday the 8th was my 26th birthday and it was a beautiful day. I slept in (easy to do considering my son doesn't wake up before 9 everyday), took my time getting ready, and was able to spend time with family throughout the course of the day.


Birthday Kiss for Mommy!!

Late in the day my parents, younger brother, Ethan, and I went to the Cocoa Bean for some celebratory cupcakes.

Here are a couple of the now half eaten cupcakes that we shared.

Trent had to work late Thursday so it was going to be just me and Ethan at home. About 7:30 I decided I wanted to watch Enchanted, I don't own Enchanted so I called Trent,
"Honey can I buy myself a present?"
"What did you have in mind?"
"ENCHANTED."
"Oh yeah? I didn't realize you liked it that much. Yeah that would be fine."
And off to Wal-Mart I flew!!

Then I decided that I didn't want to watch it buy myself so I flipped through my phone and quickly called a bunch of girls from my ward. It was totally last minute but I told them that I was having a party for myself, we'd watch ENCHANTED and have some great finger foods. From about 8:30 to well after 11 I had about 10 wonderful women and 3 great little boys here at our house. It was most definitely an estrogen fest. One of the really great things about it was the number of girls who made the comment, "I really needed a night out with the girls." So there was some talk that we should do something like that once a month and alternate houses to give girls in the ward a chance to get out of the house for a night.

One of the best birthday gifts: by the time I got back from Wal-Mart some of the girls were already at my apartment and when I came in Melynne and Bekka were doing my dishes. So SWEET!!! Thank you thank you thank you once again Ladies you're wonderful!!
A picture of some of the sweet cards and goodies that I was given throughout the day. The card that my parents gave me was hilarious.
We received an early birthday gift on April 30th....
Surprise!!! Baby #2 will be arriving on December 21st.
I had my first doctor's appointment the afternoon of my birthday and found out I was only 7 weeks along as opposed to the 9 that I had originally thought. Yet another surprise. Happy Birthday to me!!!!

Trent was able to celebrate my birthday with me Saturday, we headed down to Idaho Falls for dinner at the Mongolian Grill and then over to the mall for a little shopping (if any of you know how much my husband doesn't love to shop then you know what a birthday treat that was for me). As busy as Trent has been day in and day out this semester, it was nice just to have him (and Ethan) all to myself on Saturday.

12 comments:

Criscell said...

Happy (belated) birthday and CONGRATS about baby #2!!! That's sooooo exciting for you guys!

Cecily said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! What a fun idea to invite all those girls from your ward over! CONGRATULATIONS on expecting baby #2!! That is wonderful wonderful news!!

RSP said...

Congratulations! Maybe the little tike will come early and share a birthday with me (12/12)! So exciting. Happy 26! Are we really that old?

Wii are the Nelsons said...

You had a pretty great birthday! I'm glad I could help celebrate. Too bad I looked so tired even though I made it all the way to 11pm without realizing it!

stevie kay said...

Congratulations on baby numero dos. We're so excited for you and looking forward to updates!
Love,
Nick and Stevie

Sara said...

Charisa! I can't believe I missed your birthday...how did that happen? I will post a Happy Birthday to you on my blog very soon!! And congrats on the bun in the oven- I'm so excited!!! It's going to be baby central in the next coming year- I can't wait! I hope you are getting lots of rest and feeling good! Love you tons!! :)Sara

Tami and Aaron said...

Cheezer!!! I'm so sorry that I missed your birthday! Happy belated birthday and congratulations on the new little bean!

Kristi said...

Yea my dear friend!!!!!! I am so happy for you! Oh and Happpy Birthday

bren said...

First off, Happy B-day (a little late) and second, Congratulations! How exciting that is. You'll have to keep us updated with everything. So I forgot that Jessica and Marshall are now in your ward. They manage Brooklyn now (and do an awesome job). What a fun birthday party idea!

Season said...

Oh my word Happy Birthday and Congratulations I am so excited for you! I hope the pregnancy goes smooth. That totally made my day reading that. YEAH!!!!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

So, I love that you bought yourself a present and had yourself a party. :) That's what I do every year!! LOL I love any excuse to get together with friends. You are such a fun lady. I'm glad you had such a good birthday and congratulations on your next baby. :) Are you going to find out what it is? Keep in touch.

Brenna said...

YAY! Congrats on your 2nd little one! Wow...I'm so behind! Love you!