Sunday, September 7, 2008

Playmill Dejavu

Saturday, August 9th I get a call from Heidi Merrill... long story short they had a cast member who needed to attend a funeral in Utah the following Wednesday night and it just so happened that that cast member was playing the same part that I played at the Playmill 5 years ago and Heidi and Roger were wondering if I might be interested in filling in for said cast member. OF COURSE!!!!!!!! So Sunday night I receive the script, Monday/Tuesday I review the script (man I had a lot more lines than I remembered), Wednesday afternoon I was at the Mill going over stage directions with David, cast call was a group number rehearsal for little old me, and then a show at 6 and 8:30. Did I mention I'm five months pregnant? The cast was amazing and it was a pleasure to work with them. I can't even begin to tell you how good it felt to be on stage again... if only for one night.







6 comments:

Criscell said...

Wow, you are AMAZING to be able to fill in like that at the last min.! I'm totally impressed. I understand about the whole pregnancy "sensitive" thing too. So sorry for both you and Trent.

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

You are awesome girl!!! And you look beautiful. :)

Nancy said...

nice fat suit

Tina Braegger said...

hehe you look so cute pregnant and all.soo I miss you a lot now that I never see you at church! Sad day...

Cecily said...

I LOVE the playmill! I'm sure I saw you there when you were in it 5 years ago. My family goes every year...for like 10 years at least. What a crazy fun thing to be able to do. That's completely amazing! It looks like you had a blast!

Amy said...

Oh Charisa that's trippy!!! How weird to see you in the same costume, with the same set, and different people!!!