Monday, June 1, 2009

New Family Pet?

About a week ago my mom was in the front yard pulling weeds and planting flowers around this little tree. When she began weeding around it she noticed a little something.....






..... or should I say 10 little somethings.

A mother duck has, for whatever reason, chosen my parents' front yard as her nesting spot. We're pretty sure the fact that my mom has a small waterfall/mini pond near these little trees is part of the reason she chose the spot that she did. The past few times I've been out front I've been able to see her sitting on the nest and my mom has started counting down the 28 day incubation period. We've talked about whether or not the water source they'll lead the babies to is up at the campus gardens, not too far from here. That being the case we wonder if we'll get the chance to walk alongside the little family to make sure they make it there safely. We'll just have to wait and see, eh?

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh my gosh that's the cutest thing I've ever heard. I love animals. And that's just to cute