Obviously didn't take too many pictures but I sure like the ones I've got!
My husband's family has a great little lodge along the river about 20 minutes away so for the past 3 years our ward has gotten together for an overnight camp out there at the lodge. This year was probably our biggest turn out, tents all over, couples brought their kids and even their dogs. This year we did dutch oven dinner and the most amazing dutch oven apple dessert I've ever had. Ethan was so excited to go camping again and Kiari absolutely loved being outside and chasing the "puppies." She wasn't overly thrilled at the idea of sleeping in the tent though. It was late and as we were trying to get settled down for the night Kiari kept crying saying, "I wan home!" over and over. We started to feel a little bad but after about 12 times through "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" she was out cold. And Ethan slept like a rock as usual. The next morning they were as happy as could be. Every year the ward camp out has been a really great experience and we were grateful for the opportunity to participate one last time.

No comments:
Post a Comment