Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend Excursion


We ran our first 10K of the summer down in Pasadena last Saturday. It was the perfect day for a run and I even ran it in my best time, 1hour 3minutes. Trent did awesome considering he was only able to run one of the 10K's last year. He finished at 58 minutes. Nice!

My boys look good next to a Ferrari.

It's so fun to bring the babies I love our train of strollers.

Ethan fell asleep on our way over to the starting line and slept for the first half of the race. Once he woke up he just enjoyed the ride.
Saturday's run has me so pumped to keep on running and even more excited for nice enough weather to run outside with Ethan. *sigh* Just a few more weeks left of winter.... I hope.

14 comments:

Sara said...

I didn't know you were a runner!! That's awesome! I think the last time I ran in a race was back in middle school during a field day...how pathetic am I?! My exercise is running after my boys...

Sara said...

P.S. Nate would like to add that he doesn't even know how to spell "running".

Lisa said...

Nice! Are you doing the one here on June 14th? If so, I'll see you there!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Impressive! Mike and I are in no way in any condition to run a 10K or even a mile. Mike tried to race his brothers last year...they crushed him even though he has the longest legs.

Criscell said...

WoW! I totally didn't know you were a runner either! Way 2 go! I wish I liked the run because the weather is perfect here...

Sara said...

wow guys, great times!

The Carey Family said...

weeks?!?! don't you know that winter doesn't end in Rexburg until JUNE? Silly, silly Charisa...you've lived there your whole life.

Thanks for the new post, I'm a post junkie!

Unknown said...

Hi Charisa!! How are you? I am so glad I found you on here! And I can't believe how big Ethan has gotten. I hope you're doing well! :)

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

It has been snowing in the morning for a couple of days, but it melts by the afternoon. The only thing that makes it really bad is the wind. It has been in the upper 40's, but is still feels super cold.

the Petterson Family said...

Wow! Looks like you are doing better than I am at working out!!! You have motivated me!

Unknown said...

So your parents received an announcement for another Jacob Rasmussen? How crazy! Yeah, our Jacob Rasmussen is from Laguna Hills, CA. Where's the other one from?

bren said...

Hey Charisa, This is Brendi Blankenfeld from the 78th ward. (we moved out last May) I was just browsing blogs & found yours & thought I'd say hi! We have a blog, (its on a private setting) so if you're interested in seeing it, send me your gmail address to brendi.lee@gmail.com so I can send you an invite. Anyway, hope you're doing well! Are you guys still in that ward?

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Do you guys mind if your website link is on the ward page?

http://78thward.blogspot.com/

Cecily said...

I love that you run marathons. I want to do a marathon one day. It's one of my goals in life. Good for you! That's awesome. I love the pics.