I sang in church today. It was a really neat experience. It was a short and simple song called "Dedication." I'm still pretty sure that I was introduced to this song while I was on my mission. I had already picked the song before I knew the meeting's topic and was grateful to learn that it would be more than appropriate. The song was a very hymn-like song and it really added to the Spirit already felt in the meeting. Today's first feeling of fullness.
I received a lot of really nice compliments throughout the rest of today's meetings but no one's meant more than my husband's. He commented that he hardly ever hears me sing in my soprano range and that it was really nice to hear, that I did a really nice job and sounded great. His compliments, praise, and support in anything that I do mean so much.
More fullness.
Later it was a different kind of fullness.
I learned that a friend of my brother's from back in high school, he and his wife welcomed a sleeping baby into the world on Thursday. He shared a beautiful picture of their angel baby on facebook. They named him Odin.
My heart breaks for them as I can't begin to imagine what they're experiencing right now. I'm grateful to know that the Lord (as well as soooo many friends and family) is doing all that He can to comfort them.
Just a little bit ago Enoch woke up. Usually when I go to get him in the middle of the night I won't really say anything to him until I'm reaching to pick him up, but this time I said his name just as I stepped into the room and when he heard me he stopped fussing. He knows my voice. As I held him and sang him back to sleep I thought of the friends who would, in different circumstances, be doing the same thing perhaps at the same time but are instead preparing for a tiny burial in the morning. The thought brought on two different kinds of fullness at once, one that filled me up as I held my sleeping Enoch and the other that made me ache for them.
I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I have of the plan of salvation, prepared by a very loving Father in Heaven, made possible by the selfless atoning sacrifice of His Son. Just as my joy is great in raising my children here in mortality, how great shall be their joy as a promise is fulfilled and they're able to raise sweet little Odin in the eternities to come. An entirely different fullness altogether.
I don't pretend to know what this sweet couple (or anyone else who has lost a child at any stage of life) is experiencing right now. I can only pray that they will be provided all the levels of comfort that they're needing at this time.
Sending lots of love and prayers your way B&L.
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You have such a beautiful voice Charisa!! And I am sure they feel the love that you send!!! My prayers are with them and every other family that goes through that trial!
Post a Comment