Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Move Part 1

I took the pictures right before the madness of packing began.
We loved our first house there in Aurora. We walked through soooo many homes during our house hunt and when we finally found this one it just felt right. We lived there about 10 months and made some wonderful memories there.
THANK YOU HOUSE!!!







I started packing a few random boxes over the course of a few days but I think the full on madness started on a Tuesday. The next day we had a few boys from the ward come over to help Trent start loading up the truck. Of course it had snowed all night the night before.
So I continued packing up boxes while Trent and the boys began loading all the furniture. Madness.
About 6 o'clock we had more men from the church show up to help and then things were really moving fast. We had hoped to be done by about 6 and then get a few hours in that night. We were done and loaded by about 7:30. I was running around like a mad woman trying to get some last minute cleaning done (thank goodness for sweet friends there to help me in my chaos). Then we carried the last few armfuls of random trash to the street, locked up the house, said good-bye, and we were off. Trent drove the rental truck with Ethan and Kiari and I followed behind with Enoch.
I was hoping to get at least 6 hours in that night but by about 11 o'clock, even though I wasn't really feeling sleepy, I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open. So we found a motel and crashed for a few hours. Thankfully, instead of the 4 of us cramming into one king sized bed, the 5 of us were able to share 2 twins. Now that I think about it.... I'm not sure which was better.

No comments: