Saturday, April 10, 2010

Week 6-14...

.... is once again proving to be the crappy part of pregnancy for this momma. For the last two weeks I've been thinking that I was further along than I actually was. That would have been soooooooooo great.... the thought of only having 2 weeks left of being sick all day everyday was beautiful. I went in for my first ultrasound on Thursday and that's when we found out the baby was measuring 8 weeks. *sniffle* 6 more weeks of pretty much non-stop sick to my stomach-ness. I know that it could be soooo much worse than it is so I'm really not complaining. So I won't even go into the fact that I'm already an undisclosed number of lbs heavier than I'd like to be at this point of my pregnancy. No complaining here. Only the anxiousness of being able to workout everyday like I had been since the beginning of the year. Come on Baby 3 we can do this!!!

With my first two I never had any crazy cravings but while I was at the grocery store a few days ago these babies looked really good. Can't help but feel a bit cliche. :o)


HOWEVER a day or two after getting them I literally had to pry myself off to the couch in order to be productive and I thought, "I wonder if a pickle would help at all." It was seriously like magic. The relief from the sick to the stomach-ness didn't last a really long time but the relief that it did bring was beautiful. So for any of you who may currently be pregnant, there's some goodness that comes from a simple jar of pickles.

4 comments:

Season said...

Congratulation on baby #3. I am so excited for you guys. I am glad you found the pickles they helped me many times in my super sick days. Good luck and I hope this sick time will fly by for you.

Elle said...

Congrats!!! oh my!! how exciting! when's you're due date??? mine's oct 28th ;)

Rachel Haxby said...

So exciting! Pickles actually help a lot of people with nausea!

Kersten said...

haha...Congrats again. I ate so many pickles when I was prego w/ Arley that by the end of my first tri I didn't ever want to see a pickle again. I didn't eat pickles for about 1.5 years after that. Surprisingly Arley loves pickles!