Funny how my husband was able to anticipate my having a meltdown well before I did. As soon as I uttered the words, "I'm just a little moody today" he began to prepare himself. Later he said, "It's kind of like a thunderstorm about to hit, you can just feel it coming."
So pregnant meltdown #1 has officially happened. It was due to an issue that I'm currently struggling with so I won't go into all the details of the why, but if I weren't pregnant I would have dealt with it much differently... matter-of-factly instead of hormonanly. My sweet husband responded beautifully by coming in, putting his arms around me, and just holding me until I was done crying.
When I was pregnant with Ethan I had a lot of crying for no reason moments and I remember Trent finally asking me, "what's the best way for me to respond when it happens?" and it was then that I told him, "just hold me." I don't necessarily need a pep talk or a pity party when it happens, I just need him right there with me until the storm blows over.
*sigh*
Only 3 (give or take) more weeks of all day everyday sick to my stomachness.
Prior to the meltdown I told Trent that I'm needing to just get over myself, that I'm very selfishly not excited about being pregnant, that I know I should be. To which he said, "you don't have to be excited about being pregnant, I don't think I would be. Just be excited about adding to our family."
It was just the perspective I needed. And one that I knew all along, Trent just has a great way of putting things into words for me. Because I really am soooooo excited about the sweet little Spirit that's preparing to join us hear on Earth. I'm just struggling with these early stages of pregnancy.
Three is a good number, right?
I really can't wait to get to the point when I actually enjoy being pregnant.
One day at a time. It'll happen right?
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
aww what a sweet hubby you have! I totally remember those crying days..Tyrell has therefore informed me that I am not allowed to be pregggo anymore..haha! Even though I really LOVED it. I feel bad that you are so sick, I wish everyone could feel the way I did, amazing! And I think three is a great number ;)
You are amazingly blessed to be carrying another sweet baby inside. Thank God every day for that blessing. And eat more pickles.
Post a Comment